I love putting out my Valentine’s Day decor in the middle of winter. The house needs that little burst of color after the Christmas decorations have been put away. The reds and pinks of Valentine’s Day evoke such a warm, loving feeling. I made my fabulous Chocolate Cupcakes to share that love with my family and the kids’ friends, too!
**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Simple Valentine’s Day Decor Ideas
- Go with a color theme. Of course Valentine’s Day decor is easy with its reds, pinks, and whites.
- Use what you already have. I included my silver tea set as part of the decorations. It looks just perfect nestled among the cupcakes!
- Flowers add so much to the home. The brightness, texture, color and scent of a bouquet of flowers does wonders to lift everybody’s spirits! I always have fresh flowers somewhere in my home. I love to order my flowers from BloomThat. They are always gorgeous and receive so many compliments! Right now BloomThat is offering:
I’m ordering early so I can get the flowers I want!!
- DIY your own decorations. I made most of my Valentine decor including the Welcome sign hanging on our dining room door years ago. I also made both of the wreaths: the red, torn t-shirt heart wreath on a wire hanger, and the white pompom wreath.
- Make a banner. Banners are great for any holiday! I cut triangles out of cardstock, wrote “Be Mine” on them, and strung them together with red yarn bows.
- Use wood letters to spell things out. I stained L, V, and E wood letters and used a grapevine wreath for the O. I placed a slate heart in the middle of the wreath and chalked “true” on it: True Love!
Wood Trays and THE BEST Chocolate Cupcakes
I included the Valentine’s Day DIY Wood Trays I made in the previous post with the rest of the decor, one with a red wreath and one with a glitter red heart. I will take breakfast in bed to both of my kids on Valentine’s Day! My hubby doesn’t eat breakfast, and he gets up at the same time as me, so it’s just for the kids!
I served these unbelievable Chocolate Cupcakes on one of my Valentine trays! My kids and their friends gobbled them up! I had to stop one kid from trying to eat four of them!! A few were set aside for the husband for after dinner. He always feels so left out when the kids eat all of my baked goodies before he comes home from work. He certainly deserves them for going to work for us everyday! We appreciate him!
These cupcakes are converted from my favorite cake recipe. I inherited my grandmother’s recipe box and in it is a recipe for this cake that I turned into cupcakes. Oh my, is this the lightest, airiest, and chocolatiest (newest and best word to date!) cake you will EVER eat! The recipe for the cupcakes is super easy and my buttercream frosting is even easier still!
Let me know in the comment section how you decorate for Valentine’s Day and how much you love these chocolate cupcakes!